Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Warehouse Attendant is responsible for all inventory activities at their facility while obtaining the following requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment. Duties include warehouse and inventory management as well as shipping and receiving of parts and supply inventory.
• Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
• Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
• Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
• Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
• Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
• Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Warehouse inventory management, shipping and receiving.
• High School diploma required.
• Professional certifications (APICS, CPSM, Six Sigma, etc.), preferred.
• Oracle and eAM experience preferred.
• Self-starting, detail oriented and adaptable to change.
• Demonstrated technical/professional knowledge in supply chain concepts.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work.
• Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to read and write and speak fluently in the English language.
• Must be able to handle varied workloads.
Will work in varied environments including normal office setting and outdoors (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.