Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Assist the Plant Manager and effectively manage day-to-day activities. Lead and manage all safety efforts at the plant as well as site planning, mine/pit development, quality control, and maintenance functions. Additional responsibilities include asset protection, financial evaluation, budgeting and cost control, regulatory compliance and community relations. Ensure compliance with company safety and environmental policies programs and guidelines, work with staff develop and implement new site specific polices programs and guidelines to improve the operation, while providing strong leadership, training, team building and supervision.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Mining or Civil), Mining Technology or related discipline or equivalent experience required
• 5 years' mining engineering and mining operations/maintenance industry experience including prior production management experience at a comparable size operation preferred
• Large dragline design/operations/maintenance experience a significant plus,
• Excellent interpersonal relations/communication skills and capable of developing and maintaining good relationships with company and regulatory agency personnel
• Possess a strong personal commitment to safety
• Able to lead, manage and motivate employees to create ownership of safety, production and quality
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; AutoCAD experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.