District Electrical Controls Manager
Directs the activities of the electrical project and processes for the aggregate plants throughout the district, including capital expenditure and plant improvement projects. Coordinate electrical process activities including the design of new processes, plant layouts, modifying/upgrading existing designs and improving production techniques. Develop electrical processes and procedures necessary to gain capacity, consistency, availability, and improve reporting. Perform basic electrical work and electrical repairs/upgrades to plant controls and coordinate contracting repairs/upgrades related to plant controls and other electrical needs at each site.
The position reports to the District Production Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program, troubleshoot and maintain automated PLC control systems, primarily GE-IP and RS-Logix
- Design, develop, analyze and recommends electrical plant processes and plant layouts to improve existing plant operations or redesign new plants.
- Interview and select contractors to perform maintenance or installation of electrical components and/or equipment. Manage contractor work activities throughout contract.
- Support the Corporate Controls Manager in acquiring and utilizing required automation on a plant-by-plant basis. This position also maintains these systems, including direct maintenance of all field devices.
- Advise plant managers through project planning, risk evaluations and engineering task definitions.
- Consult and advise district management in the... View Full Description development, design, financial justification, planning, construction and ROI of electrical capital projects.
- Drive plant efficiencies by securing concise equipment specifications and costs from vendors, fabricators and electrical equipment manufactures.
- Independently trouble shoot electrical plant processes and systems to ensure maximum plant production.
- Develop project budgets and bid packages. Analyze bids and recommends equipment and vendor.
- Represent company interests and manages professional relationships with contractors, outside engineers and on-site foremen to ensure that project objectives are met to specification on time.
- Complete internal administrative responsibilities including writing technical reports, engineering documentation, maintaining accurate electrical blueprints, drawing files and records.
- Promote a Zero injury/incident culture through personal adherence to company safety practice
- Ensures compliance with MSHA, relevant NEC, and NFPA-70E, as well as local regulations.
- BS Electrical Engineering and/or Qualifying Work Experience. A combination of work experience and related education may qualify.
- 5+ years in electrical maintenance engineering and PLC programming in medium to high voltage (primarily 3 ph./480) applications.
- Applicant must possess experience/familiarity with ladder logic, AutoCAD, basic networking, windows operating systems, 3-phase motor control equipment, and 120V controls
- Strong troubleshooting skills, experience working with ultrasonics, belt scales, variable frequency drives (VFD’s), soft starts, and other industrial processing equipment.
- A general understanding of industrial processing plants, preferably aggregate plants, and their operation.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming experience desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard networking systems.
- Knowledge of fiber optics termination and troubleshooting
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage multiple tasks with strong planning skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours, with some overnight travel, required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook