Under the immediate direction of supervisor, the Loader Operator safely operates the Loader in loading and moving raw materials in a safe and efficient manner at maximum loading capacity. Must be able to work weekends and holidays when needed.
- Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
- Adhere to OSHA and Martin Marietta plant safety rules and regulations.
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Position is based in Manatee but must be willing to travel to Tampa Port when requested.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prefer 3-5 years experience operating heavy mobile equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report.
- Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB.
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged sitting/standing, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, push and pull objects
- Lift objects of various dimension and weights
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
- Ability to operate foot controls with both feet
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Ability to work in cramped quarters
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet
- Climb in and out of loader minimum 30 times per day, climb to 10 feet to clean loader, walk on uneven ground minimum 30 times per day up to 100 yards
- Climb conveyor system 10 times per day, climb to 200” to clean and maintain
- Read delivery tickets, maps, etc.
- Use needed solvents to scrub and wash loader daily, climb over and under loader to visually inspect same
- Work in confined spaces under hood, and in framework to clean loader as needed
- Use hand tools (wrenches, drill, etc.) to make minor repairs
- Hear and see problem indicators that warrant attention/repairs
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.