Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Implement and maintain predictive and preventative maintenance programs on large electric draglines and drills, troubleshoot and solve highly technical/mechanical/electrical problems, direct hourly and contractor personnel, improve and manage maintenance spending, assist with preparing operating maintenance budget and ensure that all equipment is maintained to be in a safe and reliable condition for operation. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
• Supervise and coordinate maintenance best practices for large electric draglines and diesel and electric drills in multiple large marine limestone quarries.
• Assist and direct, as required, with maintenance of marine limestone process equipment.
• Responsible for training, scheduling, and leading hourly maintenance and purchasing employees, as well as contract maintenance activities throughout the operation.
• Successfully implement and help coordinate the company’s Safety Program and ensure compliance with all applicable State and Federal regulations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years of experience in mining with large electric draglines
• 3 years in a supervisory/ leadership position
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple tasks with strong planning skills
• Experience in Heavy Equipment Mechanic field, particularly draglines, preferred
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to interact effectively with internal and external (i.e. vendors and contractors) individuals
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; JDE experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.