Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
The Loader Operator safely operates a Front-end loader to move material within the plant. Will be responsible for loading sand products from the pit to a processing plant or movement of material to and from stockpiles within a plant.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently in accordance with training and manufacturer’s instruction
• Perform pre-shift safety inspection on the vehicle systems, equipment and accessories
• Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment
• Report needed repairs to supervision
• Ensure cargo is properly loaded according to safety requirements
• Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment
• Assist in plant maintenance and repairs
• Assist with operation of other equipment as needed
• Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules, policies, procedures, and regulations
• Perform duties with minimum supervision
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
• Working knowledge of heavy construction equipment
• 6 months to 1 year of related experience; previous loader operator experience a plus
• Experience with a variety of hand tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, possible weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed
• Must be able to read equipment operating manual
• Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report
• Must be able to communicate over CB radio or with hand signals and warning sounds, with coworkers regarding movement of vehicles and mobile equipment
• Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports
• Must be able to wear all required safety equipment
• Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner
• Must be able to read and interpret gauges
• Must be service oriented with proven ability to work in a TEAM environment
• Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls
• Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet
• Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel in limited space in cab of vehicle
• Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day
• Capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
• Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions
• Must be able to work at various heights
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry and dusty. Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.