As a Senior TM1 Developer, your primary responsibility is to administer the FP&A TM1 environments, implement new and enhanced functionality, and optimize IBM Planning Analytics TM1 to streamline financial planning processes and improve efficiency. You will work with business analysts and quality assurance teams in modeling business processes and creating use cases, design documentation, technical specifications, and end-user test scenarios.
This position requires strong analytical and financial modeling skills, a deep understanding of financial planning and financial reporting fundamentals, and a good understanding of business intelligence analyses and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Info Systems, Computer Science field of study.
- 5 years+ experience as a Senior TM1 Developer on full life cycle projects.
- Well versed in administering, creating, and developing TM1 rules and TI processes.
- Experience performing TM1 migrations, model rebuilds, and upgrades.
- Working experience building and supporting cubes in TM1 version 10.2 and above.
- Strong knowledge of TM1 Rules, Feeders, and Turbo Integrator Processes.
- Build and Integrate TM1 as a data source for other consuming applications.
- Experienced with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements in TM1.
- Proven knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners.
- Work with Business Analysts to gather, analyze and document system requirements.
- Monitor and troubleshoot escalated support tickets.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Perform TM1 performance testing, application support, and user acceptance training.
- Participate in technical design of specifications and documents.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Experienced with creating different time-based models.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Programming language experience with MDX, SQL, and VBA.
- Document and communicate risk assessments pertaining to new functionality and enhancements.
- Familiar with reconciliation of Actuals, Forecasts, and Plans against various source systems.
- Collects data, analyzes and reports for early detection and correction, continual improvement.
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Info Systems, Computer Science field of study.
- Experience with TM1 10.2+, Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos 10.2+ and IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Perspectives, Architect, Café, PAW, and PAX.
- Experience with SOX code promotion and SDLC processes.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively to various types and sizes of audiences.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Mentor and provide training for team members on TM1 development.
- Train and support power users/analysts in usage of Planning Analytics interfaces and cubes.
- IBM Certified Specialist - Cognos TM1 10.2+ Data Analysis
- IBM Certified Developer - Cognos TM1 10.2+
- IBM Certified Administrator - Cognos TM1 10.2+