Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Developer that will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to gather and document BI requirements.
• Analyze BI requirements and design/develop Cognos Reporting solutions to support standard reporting, Dashboard, Storyboard and self-service environment.
• Experience in upgrading content between recent Cognos versions.
• Analyze end-user requirements and develop Tableau visualizations.
• Support and maintain existing reports and visualizations.
• Performance tuning to ensure reports function within acceptable service levels.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define the business layer and presentation layer of the BI model that is business friendly and supports a self-service environment.
• Analyze requirements and architect appropriate solutions providing and maintaining detailed design documentation.
• Review the current architecture and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Performs all activities in accordance with the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct
Qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of IS experience. Most recent experience must be Business Intelligence focused with at least 5 years of hands on experience in dashboard and report development using Cognos
• Proficiency with Cognos BI (10.2.2 and 11.X) Product Suite (Report Studio, Workspace Advanced, Framework Manager, Transformer)
• Experienced in Framework Manager Dimensional Modeling, Transformer cube design and development
• Must have a passion for data visualization with a deep understanding of best practices and proven experience in developing creative and unique prototypes for visualization
• Proven experience in scripting (Java Scripting/ JQuery) to extend Cognos capabilities
• Proven experience in creating reports using Dimensional model using Cognos MDX
• Excellent performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong focus on customer service and solution ownership
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
• Prior experience working with Key Performance Indicators, Office of Finance, Sales, Inventory and other subject areas
• Advanced query writing skills and proven experience writing SQL code
• Prior experience in designing and developing dashboards and storyboards using Cognos Analytics and Tableau
• Prior experience in upgrading content to Cognos Analytics
• Prior experience working with data sourced from JD Edwards
• Understanding of SOX and project management principles and concepts
• Rapid prototyping and agile methodology – experience in DevOps environment
• Cognos Administration experience
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.