Martin Marietta’s Spanish Springs Quarry is seeking an experienced production shift lead person to oversee the planning, organization, and direction of our production team, with a focus on continuous improvement of the plant, production process, and crew. Duties include coordination of production, repairs, troubleshooting of plant systems, and execution of plant projects.
- Production Lead Person
- Chooses to work safely and embraces our Guardian Angel Safety Culture
- Minimum of five years in an industrial production environment
- Strong planning, problem solving, troubleshooting, communication, project management, and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work day shifts and weekends
- Maintain and repair aggregate processing plant equipment and machinery
- Maximizes use of time by planning work and setting priorities for production crew
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Responsible for leading a production crew to meet the customer and site demands for aggregate products. Analyze, set, and communicate daily tasks and plans to crew and plant manager and coordinate projects with maintenance lead person. Perform daily inspection of work areas and service vehicles. Use a wide variety of skills to maintain or repair equipment used to process aggregates, including conveyors, screen decks, cone crushers, feeders, and pumps. Perform routine inspections on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times and believes ZERO is achievable with regards to all safety metrics.
- Ability to lead and develop crew through positive reinforcement and coaching and desires to cross train members to build experience amongst the crew
- Ability to conduct pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and vehicles. Ensures proper maintenance and reporting.
- Operate and maintain processing plant equipment as required. Example responsibilities include:
- Jaw, Cone, and VSI crusher operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Conveyor belt operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Horizontal, Inclined screening equipment setup, operation, and troubleshooting
- Clarifier and Belt Press operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Mobile Equipment Operation and troubleshooting as required.
- Replace shaft mount gear reducers, pillow block bearings
- Repair and replace conveyor idlers and pulleys, Splice conveyor belts
- Remove, remount and align electric motors
- Fabricate in steel as necessary
- Assist in replacing cone crusher wear liners, screen media, other screen repairs
- Operate heavy equipment as needed
- Operate and work from man-lift
- Ability to initiate crucial conversations with employees, customers and vendors in a manner that is professional and promotes our Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Five years of experience in industrial/equipment production environment.
- Desires to learn and grow personally and use that growth to develop and strengthen the crew.
- Understanding of Crushers, Screens, and Conveyors with Belt Press and/or clarifier operation a plus
- Able to operate oxy/acetylene torch and arc weld, air arc experience a plus.
- Able to work with little supervision and supervise crew
- Able to work in a variety of settings including at height, in tight spaces and awkward positions.
- Lift approximately 50 lbs., to carry parts and tools to all areas of the plant.
- Climb as high as 75 feet from the ground on a ladder.
- Must be able to work as much as 14 hours in one day and as many as 75 hours in a six day week.
- Work outside in all weather conditions consisting of heat, cold, dust, wet, and dry.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with normal shift being 6am to 4pm
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed boots, hearing protection, safety reflective vest, full body harness.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and physical