Responsible for the establishment, administration of contract and lease agreements for the Rocky Mountain Division. Actively participate in the mine planning process. Research Conditional Use/ Special Use Permit requirements for the zoning of green sites and potential acquisitions. Responsible for coordination, analysis, contact, oversite, zoning, research, development of existing and new sites.
- Strategic Planning: Assist VP/GMs in the development of strategic analysis and long-term land acquisition strategies for key market areas.
- Licensing & Permitting: Manage the process of acquiring land related licenses and permits for aggregate, ready mix concrete and asphalt sites, including mining/reclamation, wetland, and zoning issues.
- Development: Management, coordination and over-site of contractors for development of existing and new sites.
- Property Acquisition & Divestiture: Manage, in close coordination with the VP/GM’s, the acquisition and divestiture of properties, including due diligence, valuation, negotiations and the CER process.
- Permitting Compliance: Monitor compliance with existing permits
- Community & Government Relations: Manage and maintain consistent relationships with key politicians, key decision makers in governmental agencies, local organizations, and community groups to ensure that Martin Marietta and its role as the leader in the aggregate, concrete, and asphalt industry is clearly defined.
- Achievement of Management Objectives: Work in a team environment with senior management and staff in all divisions to implement key components of A&C’s performance goals and objectives.
- Reporting: Comply with reporting requirements of Martin Marietta and regulatory agencies in respect to land and reserves.
- Mine Planning Coordination: Coordinate with mine planning staff on reserve and reclamation activities in relation to database and permitting requirements. Assist the Regional Mine Planner with respect to acquisitions, mine planning/stripping programs, and reserves management.
- LIS Management: Assist with the management of the Land Information System (LIS).
- Regulatory Reporting: Manage and provide direction with respect to annual compliance of regulatory reporting requirements for land related licenses and permits, reclamation, community relations, and lease management.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Works closely with the operations managers for Aggregates, Asphalt and Ready Mix Concrete.
- Works closely with regional Land staff to ensure consistent and effective management of land resources and optimize support to meet changing operational needs.
- Management of local Land Information database.
- Management of mining / reclamation permitting activities within region.
- Management of all land use permit related activities.
- Compliance with Martin Marietta and local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in land use and natural resource planning, landscape architecture, engineering or other land related field.
- 5+ years of work history in the management of land related activities, including experience in local land regulations, state and local permitting, property sale/purchase, due diligence, contracts, and water rights.
- Experience in community relations and giving public presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of and experience in interpreting rules, laws, agreements, and contracts related to property issues, real estate matters, building & zoning, water rights, reclamation, and associated issues.
- Experience in managing consultant services, including preparing scope of services, writing Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”), and maintaining schedules.
- Experience in creating and developing maps and permit drawings using AutoCAD.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess a working knowledge of land use principles, real estate management, water rights, geology, wetlands, and civil engineering
- Solid project management skills with ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks in accordance with deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well on teams – demonstrates leadership ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent Martin Marietta at community meetings, government functions, and to local trade associations. Develops contacts and maintains relationships.
- Must be willing to occasionally work evenings to attend hearings and meetings
- Strong independent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent people management skills: ability to develop effective internal and external relations.
- Disciplined and process-oriented.
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Process Management