Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for evaluation of internal controls over business operations and development of findings and recommendations for improvement. Responsible for supervision of other auditors while performing similar duties.
• Audits a variety of accounting, financial and operating records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles
• Supervise auditors in the performance of assigned work
• Appraise effectiveness of internal controls and reliability of data
• Evaluate the sufficiency of and adherence to internal policies/procedures and regulatory compliance
• Recommend operating improvements
• Prepare work papers, schedules, and summaries
• Report findings and recommendations to management
• Perform special reviews as required by management
• Provide assistance to external auditors during annual audit
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
• 5+ years of audit experience (prefer someone with internal audit experience or a combination of internal audit, and accounting/finance or public accounting).
• Must have a relevant professional certification such as CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE or CMA
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP/GAAS and the IIA’s standards
• Ability to use data analytics techniques (ACL or Tableau preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to operate independently or as part of a team
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Moderate travel required (up to 20%)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.