Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for performing audit programs to review internal controls over business operations; evaluating internal controls and developing findings and recommendations for improvement.
• Audits a variety of accounting, financial, and operating records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles
• Appraise effectiveness of internal controls and reliability of data
• Evaluate the sufficiency of and adherence to internal policies/procedures and regulatory compliance
• Recommend operating improvements
• Prepare work papers, schedules, and summaries
• Report findings and recommendations to management
• Perform special reviews as required by management
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
• 2 – 3 years of internal audit or public accounting experience
• CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE and/or CMA certification or willingness to pursue
• Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate information pertaining to audits and the preparation of written reports of work performed
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to operate independently or as part of a team
• Knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Moderate travel required (up to 20%)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.