Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Make Safety a priority in everything you do. Ensure that our hot mix asphalt (HMA) production
and placement is in compliance with all required internal and external quality standards and
specifications. Assist with the implementation of best practices and techniques with regard to
quality, production, delivery and placement ofHMA. Assist with establishing and achieving
quality objectives for all aspects of operations, while working closely with operations, dispatch,
estimators and project management.
• Ensure all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Follow Martin Marietta
safety policies at all times.
• Establish the environment as a priority in daily activities and act as a steward to the
environment. Demonstrate a commitment to meet or exceed environmental compliance.
• Perform work related tasks as specified according to ASTM, AASHTO, CDOT and
Martin Marietta standards.
• Work closely with plant operations on a daily basis to test and monitor in-coming
aggregate products as well as the hot mix being produced. Develop close working
relationships with plant operations in order to ensure the HMA meets established quality
• Work closely with paving crews to establish and monitor density and roller patterns along
with other quality concerns. Also assist salesmen, drivers, operators and managers as
• Ensure good customer relations. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers
in a diverse environment. Provides customer support in resolving quality concerns and
problems in the field working with the QC Manager and various departments. Educate
customers in proper HMA placement and compaction techniques.
• Occasional regional lab work will be required for both training and participating in lab
related projects and mix designs.
• Maintain a log book of all testing conducted at the lab, plant and on-site, as well as all
HMA related observations throughout your shift.
• Assist in the investigation and testing of new raw material sources and products. Ensure
quality materials through the active testing of raw materials. Sample raw materials for
validation at the lab and conduct mix adjustments (at the plant or in the field) as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in math, reading, and writing skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain composure in variety of situations and act in a professional manner.
• Must be team oriented with ability to effectively manage conflict.
• Proficient with computers and technology.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years related industry experience is preferred.
• CAP A Levels A & B certification is required. Additional related industry certifications
• Radiation Safety Training Certificate.
• Must have a valid US driver license with a clean driving record.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
• Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental conditions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk on uneven terrain.
• Ability to work various hours including weekends, nights and overtime.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and physical.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.