Under the direction of the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Mobile lead Mechanic troubleshoots and repairs all mechanical and electrical problems associated with mobile equipment and combustion engine powered systems.
Oversees the Mobile Maintenance, Lead/Mentor the Mobile Mechanics and act as a point of contact in absence of the supervisor.
- General work assignments:
- Mobile equipment Maintenance, perform welding and fabrication as and when needed and adhere to MM safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee the major/mini mobile equipment maintenance and address the gaps to supervisor.
- Understand and follow all MSHA, DOT and Company Policies/Procedures.
- Maintain Housekeeping standards of Mobile department, Work areas and in and around the truck shop.
- Oversees the contractors presence
- Perform other duties as assigned /required.
- Prioritizing the incoming Work Orders based on the plant needs.
- Closing WO’s with appropriate information from employee notes for future reference
- Plan and develop PM programs of Mobile equipment.
- Create the job plan as and when needed.
- Should be conversant with JDE system and willing to learn and maintain the good maintenance practices.
- Maintenance Tracking:
- PM tracking
- Monitoring cycles, dates, types, availability and forecasting upcoming
- Identify next cycle and order necessary filters
- Build filter kits
- Monitor Key cabinet rules of usage
- Training and other task
- Volunteer for New hire training
- Develop and design various Mobile Maintenance training aids
- Perform all department task training and heavy equipment training plant wide
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have 5 years’ experience in mobile equipment maintenance
- CAT maintenance experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Current and valid driver’s license and good driving record
- CDL preferred
- Cutting, welding and fabricating skills required
- Ability to diagnose and repair mobile equipment including diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, brakes and heating and air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of cranes, hoists and rigging equipment
- Familiarity with tires, filters, lubricants, refrigerants, acids and cleaning and protective chemicals used in mobile equipment repair
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language
- Ability to perform standard or metric mathematics
- Ability to read and understand operator, parts and repair manuals
- Ability to read and understand electrical systems, hydraulics and schematics
- Ability to work irregular shifts, workdays, nights and weekends as required
- Application of all safety rules and regulations as set forth by MSHA and Company policies/procedures including the Hazard Communication Program
- Ability to perform duties in a safe manner
- Must possess good dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Ability to wear hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds from ground to waist and carry as far as 30 feet
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and reach around all areas of equipment
- Ability to distinguish different types of sounds to diagnose equipment problems
- Ability to work around petroleum products (grease, oil, diesel/gasoline) and other chemicals
- Capability of working for long periods of time in extreme heat and in dusty areas, confined spaces and heights
- Ability to climb stairs and work at heights (up to 25’) Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.