Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
A snapshot of what you will do:
As Senior DataStage ETL Developer, you will be responsible for all aspects of new ETL design and development, including the maintenance, optimization, and support of current ETL designs. While being the primary contact for data acquisition/quality questions, you will also work as part of an ETL team to execute business solutions and understand stakeholder requirements while building those solutions.
Are these things you enjoy at work? If so, this role is for you.
• Developing DataStage jobs and coding to support Business Analytics initiatives
• Providing Tier III level support for Data Stage, Oracle Stored Procedures (11g+) and Unix Scripts
• Aiding in performance tuning efforts
• Monitoring the current architecture and daily loads and recommending changes as needed
• Contributing to the design and development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse with up to date documentation
• Occasionally working on projects outside of normal scope of this role
• At least 8 years’ experience with DataStage including admin and development (all components and stages) with the most recent 4+ years leading a team of developers using DataStage v9.5+
• At least 5 years’ experience designing/implementing Star Schema Data Warehousing concepts
• At least 5 years’ experience in Linux scripting
• Proven experience creating data warehouse documentation including, but not limited to requirements, technical specifications, and source to target mappings
• Team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proactive in nature with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to develop, debug, maintain, optimize, support, and test all ETL designs and code
• Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (IT concentration), advanced degree preferred
• Gained expert level knowledge of Data Warehouse development and Production support
• Proven skills with Oracle Stored Procedures, Oracle Performance Tuning (Oracle 11g+)
• Developed excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills with proven ability to convey technology solutions to all stakeholders
• Proven experience on DataStage 11.x (Administrator, Designer, and Director, Administrator)
• Proven DataStage configuration and enhancing ETL performance experience
• Scheduling tool experience (Tidal preferred)
• Ability to reverse engineer undocumented and outdated designs and code
• Perform root cause analysis and develop effective solutions to existing issues
• Find gaps in the existing processes and improve the processes/procedures
• Proven experience working on all major RDBMS platforms
• Experience with BI Reporting and Visualization tools such as Cognos and Tableau
• Experience in configuring and extracting data from web services / REST APIs
• Data modeling experience designing dimension and fact tables
• Understand and aid in database performance tuning efforts
• Experience with sourcing data from JDE
This position is based in Raleigh, NC. You must be able to relocate within a reasonable time frame.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.